Question about rejecting email

David Jourard davidj at bytesinteractive.com
Tue Feb 8 03:19:48 GMT 2011

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

I created a file called spam.blacklist.rules

I added a rule like so just to test it out

From: exampleemail98234 at gmail.com and To: *@myemailaddress.com     yes

I updated the MailScanner.conf file setting the

Is Definitely Spam = %rules-dir%/spam.blacklist.rules

I then sent an email from my gmail account to a specific address which is
mine to see if it would indicate that it was spam.

It came in and not marked.

The thing is I actually want it to reject it or delete it but when I set
delete as the value in the rules file I get an error message from
MailScanner.

  Syntax error in line 1 of ruleset file
/etc/MailScanner/rules/spam.blacklist.rules at
/usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/Config.pm line 2444

Thanks for any help.  BTW the MTA is postfix

Thanks

David j.

  _____