Message attempted to kill mailscanner (still)

Arjan Melein Amelein at dantumadiel.eu
Thu Feb 3 15:42:20 GMT 2011

I keep having a problem with a low volume (50-ish  mails daily, yay greylisting:)) where when there has not been any e-mail for a while and the MS processes have 'expired' that it will kill each running process with 'dying of old age' when a new mail arrives and thus triggering the crash protection.

The problem is that most of the time it keeps doing it on CRON generated e-mails that I'd actually like to get.

Is there any way to get around this other then turning up the expire time a lot and just auto restarting MS with a cron job ?

This problem does not show on higher volume mail servers because those get enough e-mail to keep the MS processes from expiring all at the same time.

-
Arjan