OT: Centos 6 question

Stephen Swaney steve at fsl.com
Thu Dec 22 16:44:22 GMT 2011

On Dec 22, 2011, at 11:26 AM, Steve Campbell wrote:

> I've tried installing Centos 6.1 on a 5.7 xen host. I'm having a little trouble getting sendmail to work, and I'm not sure why. Could be the way the network NIC is configured, the fact that I'm running 6.1 under a 5.7 host, or who knows, but the server isn't accepting mail at all, even after changing the line in the .mc file to accept mail from hosts other than localhost and rebuilding the .cf file.
>
> The new GUI for the Centos 6 installation seems to be somewhat confusing when it comes to asking what type of installation I would like (types being things like SQL server, web server etc.)
>
> I'm going to try the new 6.2 DVDs, but wonder what type of installation others have chosen since I'm sure there's something closer than the Workstation type I chose.
>
> Thanks and sorry for OT
>
> steve campbell

Glen,

CentOS 6 offers two primary MTAs: Postfix and Sendmail. Postfix is configured as the default MTA, although it is easy to switch the default MTA to Sendmail. To switch the default MTA to Sendmail, you can either uninstall Postfix or use the following command to switch to
Sendmail:

~]# alternatives --config mta

Best regards,

Steve