Tell MailScanner to stop incoming mail

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 10:58:02 IST 2011

Also remember that the queue content is just files... Stop ms (and the mta)
and move a sizeable bit of 'em out of the way, then start things up and
start feeding reasonable amounts back...
Best performance tip: don't do work you don't have to! If you can reject
mail, then configure to do so... Unknown recipients (recipient
verification), known bad sites (RBLs), RFC violations etc.
Also make sure you don't overcommit your resources (too many children, too
memory-hungry SA rules, using wrong clam (module or commandline instead of
clamd) etc)... Most of this should be in the wiki...

Cheers
--
-- Glenn