MailScanner RBL Check for specific ip subnet

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 10:06:32 IST 2011

On 8 August 2011 08:28, Bjorn Mork <bjron.mork at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I have two Public IP subnet, and I want that MailScanner must check spamhaus
> or spamcop for IP pool 1, and it should allow my IP pool 2 without any black
> list checking.
> Anti-Spamming feature other than black list checking must apply for both IP
> pool
> Is this possible via MailScanner ?
>
> Regards,
> B~Mork

Hello Björn,

Yes, this should be possible to achieve with a ruleset (or two) on
"Spam Lists" and "Spam Domain Lists". Read up on rulesets (you have
examples in the installed rules directory, in the wiki and in the
book). I'm not sure if you will be able to use anything like "To:
IP.N.E.T <whatever>", you'll have to explore that a bit (the command
"MailScanner --help" will show a bit on how to test rulesets by
supplying fake information;-).
You'll also have to look at the BLs in SpamAssassin (scoring etc)...
Since you just want one or twolists in MS (which will be a "hard
stop", compared to SAs scoring), that might be OK (SA does lookups in
parallell while MS serializes lookups).

Cheers
--
-- Glenn