Quarantine an email by size and notify.

Eduardo Casarero ecasarero at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 17:34:46 IST 2011

Hi everybody,

I have a request from my boss asking if it is possible to quarantine an
email by its size (using max.size.rules) and send a notification to the
destination email  or an administrator. The rule works ok, but the issue is
with the action, i could not find any workaround. I did search old emails in
the mailling list and some wide range google search but the only thing i
found was a thread from uxbod writing about a perl plugin to use ZendTo but
with no "ready for production" solutions.

The behaviour we need is:
Email arrives to MS, MS detects it's too big, MS reads action (says too big
put in quarantine and notify), MS saves in quarantine, MS notifies
destination.

I am already having a discussion about how usefull would this be, but i
would like to have a workaround or something just in case.

Any idea would be appreciated!

Thanks

Eduardo.