X-???-MailScanner-SpamCheck: header empty when forwarding with rules

Dave Jones davejones70 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 14:35:39 IST 2010

Detailed Spam Report = yes
Include Scores In SpamAssassin Report = yes
Always Include SpamAssassin Report = yes

I am trying to send nonspam and spam to alternate mailboxes for copying
email using rules with the forward action.  When a forward comes from the
Spam Actions rule, I get the subject tagged with spam like I expect and I
get a full SpamCheck: header like below.  However, when I put an email
address in both Spam Actions and Non Spam Actions rule, I appear to get all
email forwarded to my copy mailbox without and subject changes and the
SpamCheck: is empty.  The original recipient doesn't get the email when it's
obviously High Spam based on the subject so the problem seems to only be
with the forwarded address.

Spam Actions = %rules-dir%/spam.actions.rules
High Scoring Spam Actions = delete
Non Spam Actions = %rules-dir%/nonspam.actions.rules

X-???-MailScanner-SpamCheck: spam, SpamAssassin (not cached, score=8.939,
required 6, DCC_CHECK 1.10, HTML_MESSAGE 0.50, INVALID_DATE 1.10,
KAM_MX4 2.00, MIME_HTML_MOSTLY 0.43, MIME_QP_LONG_LINE 0.00,
MPART_ALT_DIFF 0.79, SPF_PASS -0.20, T_DOS_OUTLOOK_TO_MX_IMAGE 0.01,
URIBL_DBL_SPAM 1.70, URIBL_RHS_DOB 1.51)

%rules-dir%/nonspam.actions.rules
==========================
FromOrTo:     mailbox at mydomain.com     deliver forward
mailbox at archive.mydomain.com
FromOrTo:        default        deliver

%rules-dir%/spam.actions.rules
=======================
FromOrTo:     mailbox at mydomain.com     deliver striphtml forward
mailbox at archive.mydomain.com
FromOrTo:       default         deliver striphtml

An interesting point to note is that when I put my archive address in as the
default, everything appears to work properly and I receive the SpamCheck:
header and the subjects are modified.

I realize I could use the Archive feature but I wasn't sure if this feature
followed the Actions rules.  I don't want to copy High Scoring Spam.  Does
the Archive feature forward all email?

Dave