configuration copy issue

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Mon Sep 27 04:52:42 IST 2010

Hi Andrew,

On Sun, 2010-09-26 at 21:56 -0500, Andrew Kerber wrote:

> Ok.  I copied over my mailscanner configuration, all the directories
> from my old server.  I can now send and receive as long as I am on my
> internal network.  However, I cannot receive emails from any external
> network.  I can telnet to the smtp port, and it appears to be correct,
> but I am not receiving any external emails,  This is the output when
> connecting via smtp from an external ip.  I dont see any problems, but
> no connection information even shows up in maillog:
>
> 220 dbakerber.net ESMTP Sendmail 8.13.8/8.13.8; Sun, 26 Sep 2010
> 21:55:34 -0500
> 500 5.5.1 Command unrecognized: {{}"
> EHLO test
> 250-dbakerber.net Hello [10.12.1.1], pleased to meet you
> 250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
> 250-PIPELINING
> 250-8BITMIME
> 250-SIZE
> 250-DSN
> 250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN
> 250-DELIVERBY
> 250 HELP

telnet mail.dbakerber.net 25
Trying 99.169.49.213...
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection timed out

Seems like a firewall or port forward issue.
Also, why do you have two MX0's that are different names, but yet the
same?
Although it will not be your problem, I'd rather see you also clean your
DNS as well, just leave the one in there that is mail.db.....

Cheers