newby question

Iulian L Dragomir iulianld at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 12:19:25 IST 2010

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 5:33 AM, Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber at gmail.com> wrote:
>I dont really care about the messages, its just all the accounts and passwords, as well as the mailscanner config files that I need to copy.  I have /etc/mail and /etc/MailScanner copied.  Can I just copy the linux OS and password files (redhat 5) to the new server?  If so, what are those files?
>
> Should I just reinstall everything, then copy the config files?  If so, what files?

In a similar situation i find some good tips for user account
migration in this tutorial:

 http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/howto-move-migrate-user-accounts-old-to-new-server/

Beside /etc/MailScanner folder you need  the files you modified (ex:
clamd.conf; /usr/lib/MailScanner/*.* ; etc.) . Other files may be
required for MailWatch, spamassassin and associated programs (
databases, configs, custom rules, etc)

Iulian L.D.