Problem with Iphones

Phil Udel Phil.Udel at SalemCorp.com
Wed Sep 22 15:46:11 IST 2010

HI, I am a long time user of Sendmail and Mailscanner but I have hit a
problem that I cant seem to find a solution for.  Currently I am using the
latest version of everything on a centos 5.1 sandbox.

Problem Description:
I have some Apple Iphones that the users want to Send/Replay Email directly
with my mail server.  I do not use Auth, but I am looking into using that to
solve relay problem.
The problem that I am not sure that Auth will fix is the high spam score
Iphones get.
Almost all the Iphone seem to hit  most, if not all of the rules:
RDNS_DYNAMIC
RCVD_IN_PBL
MIME_QP_LONG_LINE

I don't want to lower the rule scores because they do a good job of stopping
alot of Dynamic spam.
I cant whitelist the IP or domain  example
(mobile-166-137-011-147.mycingular.net) because the IP is different every
time, and whitlisting mycingular.net is  a bad idea.

If I set up Auth will Spamassasn still score it high?  I believe it would.
If I use Auth will that get a  ALL_TRUSTED Value that I can use to Lower the
score?

As Always MY Life and job hang in the balance on this issue, since one of
the Ipones belongs to the owner of the company. :P