.zip files

Edward Prendergast edward.prendergast at netring.co.uk
Thu Oct 21 16:04:17 IST 2010

On 21/10/2010 14:24, carola at dicyt.umss.edu.bo wrote:
> My MailScanner did not allow pass .zip files in the attachments. I read in
> the forum that the solution was to change in MailScanner.conf the
>
> Maximum Archive Depth to 0

If this is the same problem we've had reported recently it's probably
down to a bug in Zip::Archive::Member, see:

If you are confident to do so and have a setup where you can build perl
modules (i.e. you use cpan) you can download the latest source from here:

http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/A/AD/ADAMK/Archive-Zip-1.30.tar.gz

Then apply the patch in the bug report above, run perl MakeFile.PL &&
make && make install, but do so at your own risk and be aware of using
cpan in an environment not setup for it (for example RHEL out of the box).

Edward

is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any action taken or
omitted to be taken in reliance on it, any form of reproduction,
dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and/or
publication of this E-mail message is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you have received this E-mail message in error, please notify
us immediately. Please also destroy and delete the message from your
computer.