help me

Nigel Kendrick support-lists at petdoctors.co.uk
Fri Oct 15 09:14:09 IST 2010

Sadly I may be going off list too. Not that I want to, but our company was bought out and the new owners find Linux 'scary stuff' and so they have decided to take our 3 main Linux mail platforms and move them to their comfort zone (MS Exchange) - I estimate that's £16K in client licences for Exchange alone! Don't ask - I have briefed them, drawn up a cost benefit analysis and encouraged them to do a SWOT analysis on our whole, extensive, Linux infrastructure but they cannot get the Board out of the 'Microsoft or bust' mentality.

It's a great shame as MailScanner is a great app and the List is full of great, helpful people. The only saving grace is that I am moving to a hi-tech electronics/comms company as IT Manager and they are already heavily into Linux for in-house apps and as the core of one of their products and one of my first tasks is evaluate their creaking IT infrastructure so their Exchange server is up for a fitness review!

Two weeks to go as I watch the empire around me crumble!

Keep up the good work and I'll see you all somewhere else.

Nigel Kendrick