setting Archive directory/file permissions

Diane Rolland drolland at kdinet.com
Mon Oct 11 02:05:35 IST 2010

Hello,

I have an archive.rule set up to archive email into a certain directory
where a process runs on the emails in that directory.

The directory is created with 777, but when the archived emails (in
directories with date i.e. 20101010) that directory is owned by root and has
700 permissions.

I am running sendmail and the MailScanner.conf does not have the Run As user
set.  I had tried a couple of variations, of the Quarantine User, but it
always seems to get created with root owner and permissions.

Is there a way I can get these archive directories to have certain
permissions when MailScanner processes them?

Thanks in Advance!
Diane