Make links non-clickable and rename attachments?

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Nov 12 17:04:57 GMT 2010

One more thing.

In a rule that says something like
     rename to .txt \.reg$    -    -
you can also put things like this:
     rename to -BEWARE.$1_txt \.(reg)$    -    -

which will rename
     nastyfile.reg
     nastyfile-BEWARE.reg_txt

You can put any $1 $2... substitutions in the replacement string, so
long as they match up with parenthesised parts of the regular expression
you are looking for.

Extra Brownie points to the first person who rewrites the "double
filename extension trap" rule so that it swaps over the 2 filename
extensions!

I would be interested if someone can come up with some genuine
real-world uses for this. I thought you might find it amusing when I
wrote it, but as usual I just couldn't think of quite why :-)

On 09/11/2010 22:42, Alex Neuman wrote:
> Wow! Thanks a bunch!

Jules

--