MailScanner: Could not analyze message

Gary Faith gafaith at asdm.net
Wed May 19 21:12:09 IST 2010

I have some e-mail being sent by one individual to MailScanner running ver 4.79.11 and the messages are getting tagged as {Dangerous Content?}.  I am running MailScanner with clamav & sanesecurity signatures, scamnailer, razor, pyzor & dcc.  Mailwatch reports that it isn't a virus it is "Other Infection":

Anti-Virus/Dangerous Content Protection
Virus: N
Blocked File: N
Other Infection: Y
Report:MailScanner: Could not analyze message

The message has contains this:

Warning: This message has had one or more attachments removed
Warning: (the entire message).
Warning: Please read the "XXX-Attachment-Warning.txt" attachment(s) for more information.

This is a message from the MailScanner E-Mail Virus Protection Service
The original e-mail message contained potentially dangerous content,
which has been removed for your safety.