docx problems

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue May 18 12:18:06 IST 2010

The "No programs allowed" error occurs in filetype.rules.conf and
archives.filetype.rules.conf, so that is where you need to allow them.
Basically you're probably going to have to comment out the "No programs
allowed" rule in archives.filetype.rules.conf.
The other option is to use the MIME type reporting (the optional extra
field in each line, read the docs at the top of the file), and find out
what a "file -i" reports for one of those odttf files, and allow that
instead. That way you can keep the "No programs allowed" line as well,
just put your new "allow" line above it.

Hope that helps!

Jules.

On 17/05/2010 17:30, Brett Moss wrote:
> Hello,
> This appears to be a new problem for me.
> I am seeing emails with .docx files attached tagged as a bad filename with this message.
>
> Quarantine: /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/20100517/o4HG7hpC008615
>      Report: MailScanner: No programs allowed (font10.odttf)
>      Report: MailScanner: No programs allowed (font10.odttf)
>
> I tried to add a line to the archives.filename.rules.conf to allow the .odttf, but that did not seem to work.
>
> I did not find anything with google for "mailscanner and odttf", but I can't imagine this is new.
>
> The .odttf files live a few dirs down
> file.docx-->word-->fonts-->fontx.odttf
>
> Thank you,
> Brett