regarding training of ham and spam to spamassassin

ram ram at netcore.co.in
Tue May 11 12:24:17 IST 2010

On Tue, 2010-05-11 at 15:39 +0530, arun gupta wrote:
> Dear
> Sir,
>
> I am using MailScanner-4.69 and SpamAssassin version 3.2.4, when
> received any spam mail and MailScanner not able to caught as spam,
> then
> teach manually through 'sa-learn' command, but it does not teach as
> spam
> immediately, it takes 2 to 3 days, please help me regarding the
> same.

Arun,

Firstly, You should upgrade your SA version. The newer SA is definitely
a lot better.

Also sa-learn is no magic bullet. This can only feed your spams to
bayes.  If the spam is still skipping through you might have to check
the actual rules.

Post a full spam on a pastebin and refer it here .
You might get some useful inputs on what to check.

Thanks
Ram