No warnings for one user

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at ci.juneau.ak.us
Mon Mar 15 17:41:28 GMT 2010

G. Armour Van Horn wrote:
> I have a user that doesn't want the MailScanner warnings to appear in
> his e-mail, because he sometimes wants to forward them and he thinks
> they are ugly. As I have other users that need to pass specific
> filename and filetype matches, I know how to setup the multiple rule
> files to establish this on a per-domain basis, although in this case
> I might not need multiple files.
>
> So two questions:
>
> First, should I use "Find Phishing Fraud = No" or "Highlight Phishing
> Fraud = No"? Mostly the question here is whether or not turning off
> "Find Phishing" also turns off the numeric and stricter tests.
>
> Second, what would the rule syntax be? Would this do it?
>      To    sillyuser    allow

I would tell the silly user that the delete key is his friend.  The warnings *are* ugly.  Getting malware is uglier.  It's really not that hard to hightlight the warning and press delete when he forwards.  If they're legitimate links from a regular source such as a newsletter, you can add them to the whitelist and weed a good portion of them out.  They're there for a good reason though.  If users paid more attention to such things we wouldn't have to be so draconian.

Just my tuppence worth...

...Kevin
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500