eset av doesn't appear in log and notices

Viktor Matys - Grumpa.Net v.matys at grumpa.net
Tue Mar 9 12:18:57 GMT 2010

Hello,

I installed Eset antivirus 3 for fileservers on Debian Lenny with
MailScanner 4.74. I added "esets" into directive Virus Scanner, so it
looks this way:

Virus Scanners = clamav esets

If I test it by sending a testing e-mail with eicar.com, I can see in log:

Mar  9 12:22:49 host1 MailScanner[25504]: Viruses marked as silent:
ClamAV: eicar.com contains Eicar-Test-Signature

but nothing about Eset.

Also the notification e-mail contains:

ClamAV: eicar.com contains Eicar-Test-Signature
MailScanner: Executable DOS/Windows programs are dangerous in email
(eicar.com)

and nothing about eset again.

I try to run eset wrapper by hand and the result is o.k.:

# /etc/MailScanner/wrapper/esets-wrapper /usr/sbin /root/eicar.com

Scan started at:   Tue 09 Mar 2010 12:40:28 PM CET
name="/root/eicar.com", threat="Eicar test file", action="", info=""

Scan completed at: Tue 09 Mar 2010 12:40:28 PM CET
Scan time:         0 sec (0:00:00)
Total:             files - 1, objects 1
Infected:          files - 1, objects 1
Cleaned:           files - 0, objects 0

# echo $?
50

This looks fine. So, where is the mistake?

Thanks for your kind advices :o)

Viktor Matys