How to detect forged From and Reply-to addresses from your own domain

Anthony Cartmell ajcartmell at fonant.com
Mon Mar 8 09:04:33 GMT 2010

>> That would be why I always enable 587 (MSA) with auth, or 465 (SMTPS)
>> on my MTA's.

+1

> I understand all those things, but that is not my point. I am not a
> typical user. Typical users in most environments don't understand those
> things.

I just instruct them to change "25" to "587" in the advanced mail sending
settings, and it'll work however they connect to the internet :)  Only one
more instruction, no more complicated than getting them to type the mail
server name in correctly, in my experience.

HTH,

Anthony
--
www.fonant.com - Quality web sites
Fonant Ltd is registered in England and Wales, company No. 7006596