Whitelisting a partner

Michael Masse mrm at medicine.wisc.edu
Fri Mar 5 16:35:26 GMT 2010

On 04/03/2010 17:17, Michael Masse wrote:
> Is there any way MailScanner can detect if an incoming email is being
> forwarded or not?

Thanks for the responses.   I got to thinking some more about this, and I think I have it resolved in a way that's much simpler.   I was whitelisting the server IP, but if I simply look for the server IP AND the sender address being their domain I should be able to tell email originated from them vs forwarded.   It won't help with forwarded email that has a spoofed sender address being theirs but that's a tiny percentage and worth the risk IMO.

-Mike