subject matching spam.assassin.prefs.conf

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Wed Mar 3 22:32:00 GMT 2010

Robert Lopez wrote on Wed, 3 Mar 2010 10:55:27 -0700:

> It was. :-)  It is "American Community College Survey For 2010"

No, that was what you think it is.

> That did not make any difference.

If that is so that means either
- the subject is different
- the message is not scanned
- your SA does not use the file you put that rule in
- there's some other misconfiguration

If this was an SA list I would certainly explain to you now how to check
directly with SA to eliminate no 1, 3 and 4.

> Does MailScanner support the use of the "header" type rule in
> spam.assassin.prefs.conf file
> or more generally does MailScanner support all of the rule types
> supported by Spamassassin
> within the spam.assassin.prefs.conf file?

No, MS doesn't support it. This is an SA file. SA supports it. SA is used by
MS.

Kai