Betr.: Re: Problems with office files being wrongfully blocked

Arjan Melein Amelein at dantumadiel.eu
Tue Mar 2 15:28:30 GMT 2010

>> I'm basically using the default rules that came with it with only a minor
> adjustment so it would reject media files as well(which it does).
> In which case pretty much all your rules will use the output of "file"
> and not "file -i". The logs will tell you more about what rule(s) it
> matched.
>
> Jules

It matches on one of the following:

from maillog: Filetype Checks: No executables

grep in the rules:
archives.filetype.rules.conf:deny       executable      No executables          No programs allowed
archives.filetype.rules.conf:deny       ELF             No executables          No programs allowed
filetype.rules.conf:deny        executable      No executables          No programs allowed
filetype.rules.conf:deny        ELF             No executables          No programs allowed

That does not make it any clearer for me why it nabs word files unfortunately.

-
Arjan