Sender check and smf-sav

Eduardo Casarero ecasarero at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 06:00:00 IST 2010

El 16 de junio de 2010 17:01, Juan Pablo Lorier <
jplorier at montecarlotv.com.uy> escribió:

>  Hi,
>
> I'm setting a new mailscanner server and to prevent from receiving forged emails I've set smf-sav milter to check sender.
> The problem is that it's rejecting valid accounts (i.e. my account from yahoo).
> Is there a better way to get smf and sender check?
> Regards,

smf-sav is useless for inbound traffic, you will suffer more false positives
than spam blocking. smf-sav makes a new connection to the from domain MX's
and tries to validate the address. you will generate a lot of traffic, and
if mx's are slow you will delay incomming connections.

i am from buenos aires (ARG)! feel free to email me at my address in spanish
if you need help!