DNS issue with ScamNailer updates

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Jun 15 17:09:19 IST 2010

This was caused by a slight cockup.
It should be undone automatically as soon as the whois changes propagate
for the mailscanner.tv domain, as it is in the process of moving itself
to a DNS server which has the correct record.

I will request that the faulty record by fixed in the mean time,
however, so you don't have to wait for the whois propagation to happen.

Jules.

On 15/06/2010 16:54, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> ScamNailer gets its updates from www.mailscanner.tv which has a CNAME
> pointing to www.mailscannertv.bastionnetworksl.netdna-cdn.com, but
> there is no A record for
> www.mailscannertv.bastionnetworksl.netdna-cdn.com, the A record is for
> wwwmailscannertv.bastionnetworksl.netdna-cdn.com (no '.' after www).
>
> This situation began earlier today. The authoritative DNS for
> www.mailscanner.tv is ns.blacknightsolutions.com and
> ns2.blacknightsolutions.com which have the
> www.mailscannertv.bastionnetworksl.netdna-cdn.com CNAME. Either these
> need to be updated to wwwmailscannertv.bastionnetworksl.netdna-cdn.com
> or an A record for www.mailscannertv.bastionnetworksl.netdna-cdn.com
> needs to be added at ns1.netdna-cdn.com and ns2.netdna-cdn.com.
> Probably the former is the correct solution.

Jules

--
Julian Field MEng CITP CEng

Need help customising MailScanner?