RBL's

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at fsl.com
Fri Jun 11 17:47:58 IST 2010

On 11/06/10 17:34, Richard Mealing wrote:
> Thanks for all the comments, I'm not using Sorbs any longer.
>
> I'm on Barracuda, CBL (sorbs replacement) and Spamcop. They stop just as much (800k each per day) and they don't seem to be blocking everyone. I've had so many emails this week about Sorbs, I've just had enough of them.!!

Just my 2c:

Often people use 'dnsbl.sorbs.net' as that's the example shown on the
'Using SORBS' page.

Even the SORBS maintainer doesn't recommend using this list at the MTA
level; instead the aggregate list 'safe.dnsbl.sorbs.net' is what is
recommended as this zone does not include the 'recent' and 'escalations'
zones.  See http://www.au.sorbs.net/using.shtml

Regards,
Steve.

--