Maximum addresses in To:

Robert Lopez rlopezcnm at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 20:19:39 IST 2010

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 1:01 PM, Martin Hepworth <maxsec at gmail.com> wrote:
> Whitelist will look at the envelope-to, not the entire 'to'. Only way to get
> it to examine all the 'to' is to split the email up into individual emails
> with a single recipient (see the wiki for how-to's for most MTA's).
> --
> Martin Hepworth
> Oxford, UK
>
> On 3 June 2010 18:04, Robert Lopez <rlopezcnm at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>  From some place I think I read MailScanner limits white-listed email
>> to 20 recipients and beyond 20 it will start scanning despite
>> white-list.
>> I think I read this in the book.
>>
>> ASIDE: Julian, Please expand the index in the next addition. A
>> permuted index would be fantastic. :-)
>>
>> It that is correct I must know does this apply if email from a sender
>> is to bypass MailScanner scanning according to it's entry in a
>> scan.messages.rules (Scan Messages = %rules-dir%/scan.messages.rules)
>> file.
>>
>> --
>> Robert Lopez
>> Unix Systems Administrator
>> Central New Mexico Community College (CNM)
>> 525 Buena Vista SE
>> Albuquerque, New Mexico 87106
>> --

Thank you Martin.

I stated one big  "IF TRUE ... "  that I am wondering about.

So, if that is true, then I am specifically wanting to find when email
is bypassing scanning due to the use of Scan Messages =
%rules-dir%/scan.messages.rules that bypass will be stopped due to the
number of recipients.

I am not caring to "get it to scan". I am caring to make certain it
does not scan.