using RBL's

Mark Chaney lists at macscr.com
Fri Jul 30 22:22:31 IST 2010

I currently have mailscanner 4.79.11-1 and SpamAssassin 3.3.1-3, plus
Mailwatch 1.05 installed.

Im a bit confused on how we add rbl's to mailscanner. Basically I have a
list of RBL's that i want to use that will not only help identify spam,
but also reduce the amount of "analyzing" that MS and SA have to do. Is
there anyway get spamassassin or mailscanner to just add the score to
the email, but do no further analyzing to save a bit of resources? I
know i could just block them at the MTA, but im preferring to just tag
or quarantine at this point.

I hate to throw another topic in here, but what is the whole Spam Score
Headers from mailscanner?

Example: X-MailScanner-SpamScore: sssss

I am not really sure how those S's are helpful and why I would want to
have a SA score and a MS score that I would have to create filters/rules
for. Is there a way to combine the scores or turn the 's' characters
into something a bit more useful?

Thanks,
Mark