Scam Nailer failures

John Baker johnnyb at marlboro.edu
Thu Jul 29 21:56:15 IST 2010

Chris Barber wrote:
>> On 29/07/2010 20:33, John Baker wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I realized today that I'd never updated from the old Spear Phishing

>>> Scamnailer so I downloaded and ran it. It seems to be ok except for a
>>> bunch of failures like this: "Failed to retrieve
>>> http://www.mailscanner.tv/emails.2010-304.26 at ./ScamNailer-2.09
>>>
> line
>
>>> 276." Basically emails.2010-304.26 - emails.2010-304.48 failed while
>>> the first 25 worked ok. Is something wrong on on
>>> http://www.mailscanner.tv/ or am I missing something?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> John
>>>

>> Can you try again?
>>
>> matt
>>

> I am having the same issues with the Spear.Phishing.Rules file.
> Errors saying:
> Failed to retrieve http://www.mailscanner.tv/emails.2010-304.42 at
> /ninjacustom/scripts/Spear.Phishing.Rules.v2.03 line 323.
>
> John: What do you mean by upgrading to Scamnailer? Should I not be using
> the Spear.Phishing.Rules file anymore?
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

Hi,

I just realized that my spear phishing file I had in cron.daily was
pretty old so I went looking to see if there was a new one and found
that Jules blog where it was linked to said it was now hosted at
ScamNailer which appeared to be a newer version of the same thing. So I
assume it's a replacement and that Spear Phishing can go.

--
John Baker
Network Systems Administrator