Email detected as spam but not tagged

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Jul 21 18:03:39 IST 2010

On 11:59 AM, Rob Sterenborg wrote:
>>> Below is the email header with relevant Postfix/MailScanner
>> logs.
>>> Using this information, can anyone tell me why these emails
>> weren't
>>> tagged? If more info is needed, please let me know.

I looked at your OP at
<http://lists.mailscanner.info/pipermail/mailscanner/2010-July/096286.html>,
and it seems clear that MailScanner did scan this message.

The first few headers at the top of the message are

 mx3.domain1.nl (Postfix) with ESMTP id 1EB923AA63 for
 <user at domain2.nl>; Sat, 17 Jul 2010 23:35:09 +0200 (CEST)

It appears that mx1.domain2.local (or possibly mx2.domain2.local) has
munged the message somehow as evidenced by the MIME-Version: and
point. Is it possible that this is also responsible for dropping the
MailScanner headers?

Other than that, I have no ideas. It might help to know the MailScanner
version. It appears to be older than 4.78.3 because the logs show spam
scanning before virus scanning