Using the install package on FreeBSD 8.0 - outdated INSTALL.FreeBSD & a odd lint message

Mikael Syska mikael at syska.dk
Fri Jan 29 01:48:36 GMT 2010

Hi,

I get this when running ./MailScanner --lint
Connected to SpamAssassin cache database
SpamAssassin reported no errors.
I have found  scanners installed, and will use them all by default.
You appear to have no virus scanners installed at all! This is not
good. If you have installed any, then check your virus.scanners.conf
file to make sure the locations of your scanners are correct at
/opt/MailScanner/lib/MailScanner/SweepViruses.pm line 506
Connected to Processing Attempts Database

If the above not misleading ....
> I have found  scanners installed, and will use them all by default.
And then the next line:
> You appear to have no virus scanners installed at all!

Or are we talking about other "scanners" in this context than virus scanners ?

In the dir:
/opt/MailScanner/
There is a file: INSTALL.FreeBSD

I think it either should be deleted or updated ... the file refenced
in step 5 does not exists any more.

Also some of the other steps seems to be outdated ...

How are others using the install.sh packages on FreeBSD to make it
start automatically when booting ? normaly I stick with the ports tree
... but this was just to test the install package that Julian and many
other are using to stay more current with the development ... and
fixes that apear all the time :-)

Best regards
Mikael Syska