moving from ubuntu

Brad Beckenhauer bbecken at aafp.org
Mon Jan 25 23:08:10 GMT 2010

Scott Silva wrote:
> on 1-25-2010 12:08 PM Gavin Silver spake the following:
>> In an attempt to stay up to date with the latest mailscanner releases I
>> will be migrating to a brand new install on centos. My current setup and
>> experience is with ubuntu lts 8.04 and postfix as a gateway. I have
>> little experience with centos and sendmail so I was wondering if someone
>> could point me in the right direction to find some resources concerning
>> a centos/sendmail/gateway setup. The subject seemed to overpower my
>> google-fu.
>>
> And just because you move to CentOS, you are not required to stick with
> sendmail. Postfix runs on CentOS too!

Postfix has a long support history here,
We've been running Postfix on Centos since June 2006.
I pulled this from my notes.

# 20060524 using:
# Server OS: Centos 4.2 ServerCD
# MailScanner-4.55.10-1.rpm.tar.gz
# postfix v2.1.5
# install-Clam-0.88.6-SA-3.1.7.tar.gz
# Using DAGs repo's

Now running:
CentOS release 5.4 (Final)
MailScanner-4.78.17-1.rpm.tar.gz
postfix-2.3.3-2.1.el5_2
Julians install-Clam-SA-latest.tar.gz  ( ver: SA 3.25 + ClamAV .95.3 )

# yum install postfix
# service postfix stop
# service sendmail stop

Let the MailScanner script start/stop the MTA.

Plenty of support on the MailScanner Forums.
Either way, enjoy.