MailScanner: Message attempted to kill MailScanner

Mike Jakubik mikej at rogers.com
Mon Jan 25 17:56:19 GMT 2010

On Fri, January 22, 2010 11:17 am, Lyndon Labuschagne wrote:
> Hello All
>
> I hope you can shed some light on the below issue
>
> This is a new install of MailScanner 4.79.5
> FreeBSD 8.0 amd64

You didn't read the install notes.

---

	A new rc variable called mailscanner_user has been added to the
	startup script. This is a temporary workaround to address the
	numerous taint mode problems that are still present in the code.

	If you changed the "Run As User" variable in MailScanner.conf
	you MUST also set the same value in /etc/rc.conf.

	i.e. mailscanner_user="postfix"

	The new variable uses su to start the master perl script as the
	specified user, this effectively disables perl's taint mode.