More taint mode problems (please help)

Thomas Lohman thomasl at mtl.mit.edu
Wed Jan 13 16:19:12 GMT 2010

> I've released 4.79.5, which I would gratefully appreciate you testing.

Hi Julian,

I've installed version 4.79.5 on a RH5 box with perl 5.10.1 and have
been running it against our production e-mail traffic and I noticed this
morning that taint errors still are happening when processing TNEF
attachments.  This is the line which is output when running a single
message through in debug mode:

11:17:22 Insecure dependency in rename while running with -T switch at
/usr/local/MailScanner/lib/MailScanner/TNEF.pm line 357.
  Failed.

Let me know if there is any more information you need or if there is
some other patch I may be missing.

thanks much,

--tom