MailScanner 4.78.17 doesn't detect viruses, have checked tmp permissions and no symlink, reinstalled clamav (worked in 4.77.10)

Sunny Forro sunny.forro at compcoind.com
Tue Jan 12 16:47:13 GMT 2010

I am running clamav 0.95.3 and have not set a "Run As User" (running
sendmail). When I do a clamav-wrapper scan of
/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming I get sensible output (clamav returns
"OK" or other sensible output for each message). When I set the
MailScanner symlink to my older install (4.77.10-1) virus scanning works
as expected and ./MailScanner --lint returns a hit for eicar. I'm still
perplexed.

Sunny Forro

> On 12/01/2010 16:19, Sunny Forro wrote:

MS4.78.17,
> >> SA3.2.5, Clam0.95.3, sendmail 8.14.3 on FreeBSD7.0p9, w/ mailwatch
> >> 1.0.4, apache13, mysql5077, php5, virtualized through VMWare
VSphere