[({Spam?})] FH_DATE_PAST_20XX 3.38

Drew Marshall drew.marshall at trunknetworks.com
Tue Jan 12 14:15:18 GMT 2010

On 12 Jan 2010, at 13:48, <dcurtis at sbschools.net>
<dcurtis at sbschools.net> wrote:

> So not sure what rabbit hole to go down next. If I own all the files
> as postix and run the file though spamassassin as root and as
> postfix I still get the FH_DATE_PAST score as the same for both
> users. If I create /var/spool/postfix/.spamassassin/user_prefs and
> add score FH_DATE_PAST and run the file as postfix it does not score
> the date and this is what I want.
>
> Why is my question. It must have something to do with rights but
> where/how does it have something to do with rights if I own all the
> files as postfix?

I think this is the option you are looking for:

# The per-user files (bayes, auto-whitelist, user_prefs) are looked
# for here and in ~/.spamassassin/. Note the files are mutable.
# If this is unset then no extra places are searched for.
# If using Postfix, you probably want to set this as shown in the
example
# line at the end of this comment, and do
#      mkdir /var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin
#      chown postfix.postfix /var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin
# NOTE: SpamAssassin is always called from MailScanner as the same user,
#       and that is the "Run As" user specified above. So you can only
#       have 1 set of "per-user" files, it's just that you might
possibly
#       need to modify this location.
#       You should not normally need to set this at all.
SpamAssassin User State Dir = /var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin

It's in MailScanner.conf and should be set if you are a Postfix user.

HTH

Drew

--
In line with our policy, this message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content.
Our email policy can be found at www.trunknetworks.com/policy

Trunk Networks Limited is registered in Scotland with registration number: SC351063
Registered Office 55-57 West High Street Inverurie AB51 3QQ