Filename/-type Checking

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USherbrooke.ca
Tue Jan 5 21:16:02 GMT 2010

Le 2010-01-05 08:53, Marco Rebsamen a écrit :

> Hi
>
> I got troubles with this filename/-type checking.
>
> What I want is, that simple .exe or .dll files are not delivered. But
> If I put them into a ZIP or RAR file they should pass.
>
> I tried setting the path to the rar and gzip commands to “empty”, I
> tried setting the filetype “executable” in the rules file to allowed….
> Useless, I can’t send my mail.
>
> Can somebody tell me how to configure MailScanner like that ?
>
> Thank you

Marco,

Look at:
# The maximum depth to which zip archives, rar archives and Microsoft Office
# documents will be unpacked, to allow for checking filenames and filetypes
# within zip and rar archives and embedded within Office documents.
#
# Note: This setting does *not* affect virus scanning in archives at all.
#
# To disable this feature set this to 0.
# A common useful setting is this option = 0, and Allow Password-Protected
# Archives = no. That block password-protected archives but does not do
# any filename/filetype checks on the files within the archive.
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Maximum Archive Depth = 0

Denis

--
    _