FH_DATE_PAST_20XX false positives

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 08:05:46 GMT 2010

2010/1/4 Laskie, Norman <NWL002 at shsu.edu>:
> Is there an easy way to tell what directory SpamAssassin / MailScanner is using for rules?  I have two copies of that particular rule file with the version under /var/lib/spamassassin/3.002004/updates_spamassassin_org being updated and a version under /usr/share/spamassassin not being updated.  MailScanner services have been restarted, SpamAssassin caches dumped and multiple sa-updates have been run.
>
> -Norman

As Derek notes there is a "MailScanner --debug --debug-sa" that will
tell you *everything*;-). If it still scores the bad rule, perhaps
you've been running sa-update by hand and either forgot to sa-compile
after the sa-update, or perhaps forgot to do "service MailScanner
reload" to make MS copy of SA aware of the changes ... All this is
done by Jules update_spamassassin tool...;)

Cheers
--
-- Glenn