PDF attachment being dropped silently by MailScanner

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Mon Feb 22 11:31:19 GMT 2010

Dave Jones wrote on Sun, 21 Feb 2010 11:46:24 -0600:

> What I have above is all of the MIME information -- at least all that is shown
> from Outlook with "View Source".  Starting with the [...] is the MIME encoded
> attachment.

One needs to see all of the MIME nesting information. Remove all content (text)
and binary stuff (if there is any) from the source, then what's left are the
headers of the message, the headers of the MIME compartments and the MIME
dividers. That's, what might help to show if there's something wrong with the
message. To determine if that what you got in Outlook is the same that came in
it's always helpful to store ham and spam messages for a while and be that just
a few days. It's also helpful to use Mailwatch.

Kai