PDF attachment being dropped silently by MailScanner

Dave Jones davejones70 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 17:46:24 GMT 2010

>On 11:59 AM, Dave Jones wrote:
>>
>>     I am running MailScanner version 4.78.17 and have an issue when an
>>     HTML email comes in with a PDF attached.  Below is the end of the body
>>     when the email is not sent through MailScanner.  MailScanner is

>>     ------_=_NextPart_002_01CAB0D0.AD4BE979--
>>
>>     ------_=_NextPart_001_01CAB0D0.AD4BE979
>[...]
>> It's not being dropped based on the filename since those will notify the
>> recipient along with an admin mailbox.
>>
>> Recent debugging shows that it may be something strange with how the
>> email is being generated.  We can't get the originator of the email to give
>> us the details of how it's being created.  It seems that the problem is with
>> some automated generation process but when they just create the email
>> using Outlook and attach the PDF, it seems to work fine to all recipients.
>

>What is the full MIME structure of the message? What you show above is
>only a piece. Show the Content-Type: header including boundary= for the
>message itself and also show all boundaries and the Content-Type: from
>all sub-parts.
>
>--
>Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net>        The highway is for gamblers,
>San Francisco Bay Area, California    better use your sense - B.

What I have above is all of the MIME information -- at least all that is shown
from Outlook with "View Source".  Starting with the [...] is the MIME encoded
attachment.

I will see if I can get one sent to my gmail account so I can do a real "View
Source" to see if it's an incomplete MIME header.  I am now suspecting the
generating application is problem.

--
Dave Jones