Yet another "disable outgoing scan" question

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Wed Feb 17 12:31:22 GMT 2010

John Wilcock wrote on Wed, 17 Feb 2010 11:48:56 +0100:

> They can try, but with reject_sender_login_mismatch in your
> smtpd_sender_restrictions they won't get very far...

Maybe I'm missing something. This question was about a mailserver that is
for incoming *and* outgoing. There was no mention of any anti-spoofing
measures for incoming non-authed mail. Any spammer can send to you with a
domain of yours. If you exclude these from scanning ...

What you rather mean is probably
reject_unauthenticated_sender_login_mismatch ? That takes probably longer
(three lookups before it can match!) to process than using a simple sender
access map with domains that are not allowed to send unauthenticated (one
lookup). You can take this list from the list of local hostnames and add
an error code.

On the other hand reject_authenticated_sender_login_mismatch might have a
place when you want to stop *outgoing* spam by authed hosts. But then you
have to keep track of all domains your customers may use.

Kai