Sendmail/MailScanner for newbie

Jules Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Feb 3 19:05:49 GMT 2010

You should disable the "sendmail" service in Fedora and not use it at
all once you have MailScanner installed. Just use the MailScanner
service to do everything.
So, as the install.sh clearly tells you at the end of running it, you should
chkconfig sendmail off
service sendmail stop
chkconfig MailScanner on
service MailScanner start

and never touch the service "sendmail" again.

On 03/02/2010 18:46, Ratana Prinyawiwatkul wrote:
> Hello All,
> I am new in *nix system and I want to setup my own mail server. I
> installed Fedora 11 and use sendmail as MTA, I also installed
> MailScanner, spamassassin and clamav. I can send and receive mails
> without any problems. When I checked MailScanner status and got the
> results as the following
> # service MailScanner status
> Checking MailScanner daemons:
> MailScanner:          [ok]
> incoming sendmail: [ok]
> outgoing sendmail:  [ok]
> but when I do
> # service sendmail status
> sendmail is stopped
> sm-client (pid 14107) is running...
> Is there any problems and how do I fix it?
> Thanks
> Ratana

Jules

--