FW: Mailscanner attach scan problem

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at fsl.com
Tue Dec 21 14:37:24 GMT 2010

On 21/12/10 14:28, Ante Gulam wrote:
> Tnx for reply Stephen
>
> „This is MailScanner version 4.74.16“
>
> I've changed exactly as you recommended and sent on purpose same pdf
> that was causing trouble and everything stoped again J queue keeps
> filling.. Strange..
>
> Any other advice? I mean i can route directly from fortigate to ex10 but
> that is my last resort until i resolve this..

Whenever you have issues such as this - it's impossible to be able to
tell what the cause is without some debugging.

Run:

service MailScanner stop
service MailScanner startin
service MailScanner startout

Send the troublesome message again - the run:

MailScanner --debug --debug-sa

You might need to run this a couple of times as it will only process one
batch and then exit; so if the troublesome message is not in the first
30 messages; you'll need to run it multiple times.

The last line of the output should be 'Stopping now as you are debugging
me...' - if you get anything else; then it's an error and you can post
the error here.

Regards,
Steve.