upgrade/migrate question

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 14:59:29 GMT 2010

On 9 December 2010 18:10, Naz Snidanko
<nsnidanko at harperpowerproducts.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> We are currently in the process of splitting up infrastructure to 2
> independent sites. We currently have gateway with the following:
>

> MailScanner version 4.79.11
>
> SpamAssassin version 3.2.5
>
> Perl version 5.10.0 (bayes stored in files, not mysql)
>

> I’ve created additional server to be used in 2nd site with the following:
>

> MailScanner version 4.82.3
>
> SpamAssassin version 3.3.1
>
> Perl version 5.10.1
>

> So my question is: what is the best way to copy bayes db over to new site?
> Also is there a difference in bayes db from SA 3.2 vs SA 3.3. Can we migrate
> database to the new server (new DNS name, IP address, headers, etc)?

I'd look at putting bayes in an sql database instead. But you can
always dump and import the file as well. look at "sa-learn --backup >
filename" and "sa-learn --restore filename"... If your site has a
relatively minor mail-flow, having it in files may be very OK... But
if not, having it in SQL may be a real performance boost (especially
when doing expiry).

> Your input is much appreciated.

More of a SA dilemma than MS, but .,.. there it is:-)

Cheers
--
-- Glenn