Archive Mail addition to retain original recipient when forwarding

Dave Jones davejones70 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 14:22:38 GMT 2010

I have setup "Archive Mail = %rules-dir%/archive.rules" to forward a group
of mail addresses to a single archive mailbox on another server for central
storage.  Archiving is working perfectly but I need to be able to retain the
original RCPT TO address.  The original MAIL FROM address is captured in the
X-%org-name%-MailScanner-From header so a X-%org-name%-MailScanner-To would
work perfectly.

I have looked for milters and other options to retain the original RCPT TO
as another header but not found anything.

My other option would be to use a shared mount to store to a central mbox
but I don't want to go down that path unless I have to.

This seems like a common need for linking MailScanner to other archiving
solutions so I am a bit surprised that I haven't been able to find others
asking for the same solution on the Net.

Dave