Mailscanner attach scan problem

Jules Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Dec 1 15:58:36 GMT 2010

Start off with a
MailScanner --lint
and see if that reports any errors.
Then get a single message into /var/spool/postfix/hold
and then
service MailScanner stop
MailScanner --debug
and see if you get one in the outgoing Postfix queue.
And then read your /var/log/maillog carefully, there may well be
something of use in there.

Unfortunately your email doesn't tell us much more than that, so there's
limited help I can provide.

Jules.

On 01/12/2010 14:47, Ante Gulam wrote:

> Hi,
>
> So i've configured my linux machine to be an antispam filter between
> my Fortinet GW firewall and my exchange 2010 in my local domain for
> incoming emails.. i've forwarded 25 outàinbound to linux and it
> reley's it to EX10.. Releying in Postfix works fine.. Then i've
> installed mailscanner with clam, spamassassin etc. (removing clamav
> ltr considering it as a troubler maker in this situation).. turns out
> it's not it's fault! J
>
> So when i send mail from outside it goes cleanly to the Postfix.. I
> can see it in the /var/spool/postfix/hold folder.. mailscanner proc
> analize it and mail goes to incoming folder with no mutch bother..
> BUT.. If i send .zip, .exe or some other attach .. even .pptx.. (log,
> txt etc. passes with no delay) the mailscanner proc goes bad.. it
> blocks on MailScanner: starting child.. Sometimes iz goes <defunct>..
> After that action no mails passing through.. with or without attach.
> And files are filling in hold folder even if i'm not getting any new
> mails from anyone.. ??? ie:
>
> 4 -rwx------ 1 postfix postfix 2656 2010-12-01 15:28 D0D6F6CDCD*
>
> 4 -rwx------ 1 postfix postfix 3078 2010-12-01 15:08 DCE756CDCE*
>
> 4 -rwx------ 1 postfix postfix 3078 2010-12-01 15:08 C88226CDCC*
>
> 4 -rwx------ 1 postfix postfix 595 2010-12-01 15:07 CF3EB6CDB6*
>
> 416 -rwx------ 1 postfix postfix 423997 2010-12-01 15:04 52D776CC10*
>
> It's really important for me to solve this but i have no ideas
> anymore.. i've configured postfix to check header.. header puts it
> into „hold“
>
> And mailscanner should take over after.. i dont see any complication
> to scan the file and mv it to incoming.. Also a conf file acts wierd..
> If i uncomment
>
> Any AV it gives me an error while restarting init.d/mailscanner ...
>
> Interesting thing is: if i do „mv * ../incoming/“ in my hold folder
> after some delay i get that email that was causing trouble and all the
> mail that came after it was jammed.. and after that all seems working
> fine until same thing happenes.. i have spamassassin and no AV
> currently installed.. no amavis, sophos, clamd etc.
>
> Please some quick advice to solve this manner..
>
> Tnx 2 all.
>
> Ps. If some snippet od conf is needed let me know! Tnx..

Jules

--
Julian Field MEng CITP CEng

Need help customising MailScanner?