exclude email address from scanning/logging

hvdkooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Fri Aug 20 11:49:59 IST 2010

On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 01:55:00 -0500, Mark Chaney  wrote:  Ok, so i setup
the following in /etc/MailScanner/rules/scan.messages.rules:

 From
test at yourdomain.com [1] no
 FromOrTo: default yes

 Then restarted
mailscanner, but it doesnt seem to to make a difference, I still saw the
email logged in "mailwatch". In my MailScanner.conf, I do have:

 Scan
Messages = %rules-dir%/scan.messages.rules

 Any ideas on what I am doing
wrong? My end game is to process the email with script before piping it
back to another email address so that its analyzed with mailscanner with
the new changes.

Well. You still let MailScanner pick up the message. So
the mere fact that a line is listed in MailWatch is to be expected.

But
does it or doesn't it scan the message itself?

Hugo.
--

hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org http://hugo.vanderkooij.org/
PGP/GPG? Use: