upgrading MailScanner via rpm, stupid question.

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 14:24:24 IST 2010

On 16 August 2010 19:32, Jeff Earickson <jaearick at colby.edu> wrote:
> Julian,
>
> I am moving from Solaris with tar files to Redhat with rpms.  When I
> upgrade MailScanner,
> do I do an "rpm -e" of the previous MailScanner version, or just go
> ahead and run install.sh
> for the new version and overlay (?) the MailScanner version?

Just do the install.sh ... Couldn't be easier.-). Unless you like to
do things from a repo only (like Kay S always recommend, and Hugo v.
d. K. ...), in which case you'd likely do a rpm -Uvh (or -Fvh ...:-).
Although the MAQ doesn't change much, there's an excellent bit in it
about upgrading.

Cheers
--
-- Glenn (finally back, trying to catch up with the list...)