Looking for a good test to see that MailScanner is calling SpamAssassin properly

Stef Morrell stef at aoc-uk.com
Wed Aug 18 15:59:26 IST 2010

James Raines wrote:
> I am trying to find a way to
> test (from command line) to see that MailScanner is calling
> my implementation of SpamAssassin. Is there a good way to do
> this or am I going about it the wrong way? Thank you.

In MailScanner.conf set both

# Set Debug to "yes" to stop it running as a daemon and just process
# one batch of messages and then exit.
Debug = no

# Do you want to debug SpamAssassin from within MailScanner?
Debug SpamAssassin = no

to yes and run a test batch.

You'll be able to see the full output from a spamassassin lint, which
should give you all the info you need for your test.

Stef