Quarantine problem: Ext3 directory limit to 32000 files

Martyn Routley martyn at invictawiz.com
Mon Aug 9 18:01:14 IST 2010

On 09/08/2010 15:35, Peter Bonivart wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 4:13 PM, hvdkooij <hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 09 Aug 2010 14:32:45 +0100, Martyn Routley <martyn at invictawiz.com>
>> wrote:

>>> How about be really radical and delete some of the old quarantine
>> messages?
>>>
>>> They are almost certainly not wanted by end users otherwise you would be
>>> spending your entire day releasing messages from quarantine?
>>
>> Perhaps the end-users can do this themselves through mailwatch or a
>> similar solution. Or end-users need the messages to finetune the bayesian
>> database.
>>
>> So that solution is propably too radical.
>
> Especially since this guy quarantines more than 32,000 mail per day.
> To delete "old" stuff then is making the users have less than a day to
> retrieve their blocked mail. That's poor service.
>
> His own suggestion of creating hourly catalogs sounded good to me.

Nope, his email doesn't say that he quarantines 32,000+/day. He says
that he has run out of diretory entries. To me, that means he has 32,000
in total over an indeterminate period, perhaps since he installed
MailScanner?

--

Martyn Routley

Invictawiz - The Internet in Plain English, Guaranteed
web: http://www.invictawiz.com
voip: 6000 at sip.invictawiz.com
phone: 0845 003 9020
Reg Addr: 9 Eastmead Ave, Ashford, Kent, TN23 7SB
Co. No: 04253262